The SHDR Difference
SHDR distinguishes itself by exceeding our clients' expectations in three areas: our focus on excellence in client service; the caliber of our specialists; and our use of technology as a tool to complement our relationship-based strategy.
Excellence in client service
Our specialists and consultants take pride in personalized client service. As seasoned benefit providers, we address each client's needs with a high degree of confidence, dependability and integrity. We provide information and consulting services tailored specifically for each client, providing individualized strategies and programs to ensure success.
Our commitment to our clients includes:
- Assessment of client issues and needs
- Individualized client relationship management
- Industry expertise
- Knowledge-based advisory, compliance and administrative services
- Shared investment approach focused on client objectives
- Recognized value at a reasonable price
Highly qualified professionals
Our greatest asset is our staff of highly qualified professionals. Our experienced leadership brings extensive insight and knowledge to their direction of a creative and dedicated team of specialists and consultants. This team has wide-ranging experience with well-recognized benefits industry employers and holds an array of advanced degrees and designations from the most respected financial services affiliations. Individual employee affiliations include the following:
- American Bar Association, Tax Division
- American Benefits Council
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries
- Society of Actuaries
- Conference of Consulting Actuaries
- American Academy of Actuaries
- Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Employers Council on Flexible Compensation
- Fiduciary and Investment Risk Management Association
- Institute of Certified Bankers
- North Carolina Society of Financial Analysts
- Society for Human Resource Management
- North Carolina Association of Health Underwriters
- Multiple State Bar Associations
The latest technology
SHDR embraces technology as a tool to complement our relationship-based strategy. We provide easy and convenient online account access for our clients and their employees for each of our benefit plan types: 401(k), pension, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursements accounts and health savings accounts.
Online account access provides plan participants ready access to their benefits information and account balances, encouraging them to become more engaged and place a higher value on their benefits packages. Benefits administrators enjoy a reduced administrative burden because of the online tools, information and resources available to them and their employees.
SHDR will never see technology as replacing personalized and responsive customer service, but rather as one aspect of a complete client support strategy.